US FlagAn official website of the United States government
dot gov icon

Official websites use .gov

A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.
https lock icon

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock ( lock ) or https:// means you've safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

How do I submit my research paper to my funding agency?

U.S. federal agencies require that federally funded scientific researchers submit their final peer-reviewed manuscripts or other results of taxpayer-supported research to their funding agency. This is in response to White House Office of Science and Technology (OSTP) U.S. public access policy guidance.

If you are a researcher and have authored or co-authored a peer-reviewed scientific publication resulting from U.S. federal funding, and the publication has not been submitted to the funding agency(ies), you will need to submit your manuscript for compliance with your agency's public access plan and guidance.

The following table provides links to various federal agency submission systems to aid in submission of manuscripts. Please note that agencies are working to streamline and share submissions in cases where publications are funded by more than one agency.

Updates to this table will be made as submission system information becomes available.

Department of Commerce

Department of Defense (DOD)  
Department of Education (ED) ED Help
Department of Energy (DOE) DOE Help
Help for DOE National Laboratory Authors
Help for DOE Grantee Authors
Department of Health & Human Services  
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)  
Department of Transportation (DOT) DOT Help
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) VA Help
National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) NASA Help
National Science Foundation (NSF) NSF Help
Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI)  
US Agency for International Development (USAID)  
US Department of Agriculture (USDA)